dimanche 30 décembre 2012

Pure (Covenant 2) by Jennifer L . Armentrout

Hello to all,

i didn't know if i was going to manage to finish another book and to write a last review for this year but participating in the Jennifer L Armentrout read along event i couldn't miss to share with you my opinion on book 2 of the covenant series, my favorite so far with the title " Pure".

Since the book is important, it's a bit difficult to write without spoilers so i'm sorry in advance if it's short and not a deep review but i prefer to let you the pleasure to discover this book by yourself  and experiment all the contrary feelings i'm sure you will feel. A really good book but it's better if you read Halfblood first.

Happy Reading and Happy new Year!

Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Publication: 2012
ISBN:  0983157227
Genre: paranormal romance, YA
Violence: strong
Language: normal
sex: none
Public: 16+
Source: received as a RAK



Short description from goodreads :

There is need. And then there is Fate

Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.

When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude or killing her.

When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.


My opinion:
          Jennifer L Armentrout knows how to keep us on edge, Pure is an excellent addition to the covenant series. The tension is building up, some things are revealed but a lot are still unknown.
I was so sad for Caleb, and like Alex I would like if Piperi was more straight forward because at the moment I can’t tell who is lust an who is love…it’s even harder now. Aiden is still so *argg * he wants to act with honor great but in the same time he is hurting and confusing Alex more than ever. On the contrary Seth is trying to be a gentleman to help her BUT he is also the only one who is quite honest with his feeling, he does tell her  he isn’t in love, interested yes but when she asks him he answers not a maybe, I can’t tell, etc like Aiden.

The part with the council was for me too predictable but I still enjoyed how it turned out and I hope we will see more of “ brown eyes “ too, part of me wanted Alex to take him and the young one with her^^;; . I’m really suspicious of Leon and the thanathos sect makes me uncomfortable, as soon as they arrived at the council I was afraid to guess what was happening.

It’s hard for me to tell you all I thought without any spoilers let just said it’s becoming harder to choose between Aiden and Seth as they both act to protect Alex in their own way. The things is , I hated the way the pures controlled everything but now I hate them even more … arrogant and stupid, they don’t hesitate to break their own rules if it’s in their advantage…. I really hope the series will finish with a happy end but I’m getting afraid it won’t be the case.

To recommend to all fans of Jennifer Armentrout and the covenant series. I will be anxiously waiting for my copy of Deity and appolyon

Score:  4/5

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and no compensation was received in exchange for this review

Challenge:

This book enter in the Romance and Me Challenge

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire