vendredi 3 janvier 2020

Druid Vices and a Vodka ( The Guild Codex: Spellbound 6) by Annette Marie

Hello to all,

While i'm starting 2020 deeply sick i still had the pleasure to read the latest release of my top favourite series discovered in 2019...series that is supposed to get it's conclusion later this year but for now we can still enjoy it fully, and you have time to start it if you haven't yet, but i can't insist enough: you must read it in order.

Enjoy and Happy Reading!
Publisher: Dark Owl Fantasy Inc.
Publication: 2020
ISBN13:  9781988153391
Genre: urban fantasy,magic
Violence: strong

Language: normal
sex: none
Public: 16+
Source: earc

Description from goodreads :

  I've said it before, but sometimes I'm a bad person. I cheated on my twelfth grade math final, I've run countless yellow lights, and I gossip about how hot my kickass best friends are. (Good thing my job as a guild bartender doesn't require moral perfection.)

But there's bad, and then there's bad. And I'm not sure which applies to a certain dark druid/wanted criminal/reluctant friend of mine. His transgressions include black-magic dealings, kidnapping, and murder, and he's about to add "revenge-fueled killing spree" to his resume—if I don't stop him.

Should I stop him?

He and his nemesis are gearing up to tear each other apart, rogues and vultures are converging with their sights on the spoils, and the guilds that would normally stomp them into the ground are under attack. We're on the brink of an all-out criminal turf war, and my time to decide is almost up.

Who's the real bad guy ... and do I dare stand in his way?



My opinion:
          What a rollercoaster! i'm really glad i could read this in one sitting because if i had to take a break i would have been in a state of anguish rarely reached because of a book.  This is fabulous, there is tension, anguish, humour, lot of action and sometimes really moving moments....i absolutely loved this new instalment and really the next one can't  be fast enough at this point.

I loved Zak since the beginning i still feel for him because we really don't have a lot  of insights about what he lived but  as much i appreciate him i could also strangle him .He can be so obtuse and stupid that 's desesperating ... he doesn't realise how much he is trusting Tori even if he gave her some strong artefacts and how protective he can be of her at time...when it's matter he gets so stubborn and single minded that's a wonder how some fae didn't' take offence. Only Aaron could be as bad as him at times, they sure share some strong points.

Tori is as wonderful and loyal as always , she is determined to protect all of her friends  even against their wishes and she can take huge risks for that.  I particularly loved how she is starting to open to Erza.

The story is fast and we get immersed immediately, there were more interactions between Tori and Robin too this time and i can't wait to get the point of view of Robin about all the new events. Darius get even more mysterious as well and i would love to learn more about his past adventures.

This series is really addictive and wonderfully written so if you haven't started it yet  this is the time to start because this need to read in order. Each character  has its own appeal and  we can only want more of all of them.


Score:  5/5

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and i voluntary reviewed this book

1 commentaire: