jeudi 12 septembre 2019

Taming Demons for Beginners ( The Guild Codex : Demonized 1) by Annette Marie

Hello to all!!!


                        i'm over the moon right now...if you follow me you know i have discovered Annette Marie  earlier this year thanks to her series The Guild Codex: Spellbound and i've become completely fan of it  it's full of humour, action, great characters  i never have enough of it.
Surprise!! Tomorrow a spin off release and even better while it's a new series derived from the first one , set in the same universes with cross over it works as a separate stand alone series without any difficulty.

SO if you haven't read anything by this author yet, jump on this occasion and start this new series without delay you will just want more.


Happy Reading

Publisher: Dark Owl Fantasy Inc.
Publication: 2019
ISBN:  9781988153360
Genre: Urban fantasy, Magic
Violence: mild/strong

Language: normal
sex: none
Public: 16+
Source: earc


Description from goodreads :

 Rule one: Don't look at the demon.

When I arrived at my uncle's house, I expected my relatives to be like me—outcast sorcerers who don't practice magic. I was right about the sorcery, but wrong about everything else.

Rule two: Don't listen to the demon.

My uncle chose a far deadlier power. He calls creatures of darkness into our world, binds them into service contracts, and sells them to the highest bidder. And I'm supposed to act like I don't know how illegal and dangerous it is.

Rule three: Don't talk to the demon.

All I had to do was keep my nose out of it. Pretend I didn't find the summoning circle in the basement. Pretend I didn't notice the shadowy being trapped inside it. Pretend I didn't break the rules.

But I did, and now it's too late.

--
From the author of The Guild Codex: Spellbound comes a new series that will plunge an unprepared young woman into the darkest magic of the mythic world.




My opinion:
         
           Fantastic!!!!!! It's a fabulous beginning for a new  series  that only leave you wanting for more!  Zylas is too funny and i love how playful he is with Robin without realising (or without caring) he kind of became her teacher about demons and  he i so great!

Robin is an interesting heroine she stayed away from Magic but was always attracted to it and after her parents 'death she is trying to get what should be hers not knowing her uncle is under illegal activities at first but nothing is that simple. She has a good heart and is determined to do the right things. However she is also shy, doesn't like confrontation with make her relation with Zylas even more funny.

The story grabs your interest right at the beginning and the non stop action will make you read this is one sitting so easily. I devoured this book and just want to jump on the next one because it's so, so good.
We are learning about a new branch of magic " Demonica" along with Robin and it's captivating.

Just a small note this is a series that can be seen as a spin off but it's perfectly working alone so even if it's the first book you are reading from this author you wouldn't feel lost and i do recommend you to try it if you want a funny full of action and humour urban fantasy ( then when you want more you can start the other series as well but it's addictive^^)


Score:  5/5

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and i voluntary reviewed this book

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire