mercredi 16 mai 2012

Obsidian ( Lux 1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout first edition

Hello to all,

               Today, i'm really happy to introduce you to a book for which many reviews have already been written because of his huge success " Obsidian" first book of the Lux Series Written by Jennifer L. Armentrout and to be even more specific, i will review the first edition of the book because yesterday was the release of the new edition with several bonus ( i will probably review it later) so as a member of team daemon invasion Major Swoon, it's with great pleasure that i'm posting this. ( Yes one of our task *happy*)

Enjoy!

Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Publication : 2011
ISBN:  0373277210
Genre: Ya, Paranormal romance
Violence: strong

Langage: normal
sex: mild
Public: 16+
Source: won

Short description from goodread :

 Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.

My opinion:

          Jennifer L. Armentrout really knows how to attract the reader in her universe. Her writing style is really easy and captivating and which blogger couldn’t sympathize with Katy. I’m too new to this so I’m not as addicted as her yet. If I post a review later that what I expected I don’t feel bad but for the joy when a package with books arrive that I could see myself doing the same. It makes her so believable and thus we could hope to find our Daemon somewhere too.

I can really identify myself with this heroine, like her I’m a too good girl, I don’t go out, don’t drink, don’t smoke  and are more mature than I should have been and still be. And it’s also true that make us stand out from the mass. We are solitary not because we aren’t loyal it’s the complete opposite. We have some difficulties to open ourselves because when we do we do it completely. And a book is a better company than some so I understand why her mother think that she should go out more  for example, mine is trying to say the same but I don’t like that ( now if I had an handsome alien to take me out  it would be different I’m sure)
So it’s a believable heroine and I’m sure a lot of reader will feel connected to her and the tragedy with her father makes her even more vulnerable but Jennifer managed to make this very real, the psychology of Katy is really well constructed.


The romance is there but we can see that it’s building and I love that. Daemon can be arrogant but he is honourable.The book is really well balanced between action and romance, descriptions.  The plot is interesting and while there isn’t a cliffhanger at all ( oufff) you still need and want more. Fortunately the next book will be out soon and there is also a new edition with several bonus added ( I will have it^^;;) and a announcement: Jennifer has signed a new contract for the more books in this series so it will be at least 5books in total. No date or title yet for these but we will be waiting


Disclaimer: All opinions expressed are my own and no compensation was received in exchange for this review

Score:  4/5


Challenge:
Book read for the 2012 TBR reading






This book enter in the Romance and Me Challenge






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire