jeudi 29 novembre 2012

Half-Blood ( Covenant 1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Hello to all,

                  just a short delay before my new review for the main topic of this month, i wanted to share with you my opinion on Halfblood , book 1 of the covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Not my favorite series from her but one that i like very much. I hoped to read book 2 this month but being sick i was late on everything so it will be for later ( while i dream of getting book 3 that was released some weeks ago)

Happy reading!

Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Publication: 2011
ISBN:  0983157200
Genre: YA, Paranormal romance
Violence: mild

Langage: normal
sex: none
Public: 16+
Source: Won
 



Short description from goodreads :

 The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.



My opinion:
          The description is really a good summary but let’s be honest until the end of the book I was quite confused about a lot of things. It’s not that I don’t like the book now but it’s far from my favourite and I hope Pure will be better.  I so enjoyed Obsidian, her other series, that I didn’t think I could be disappointed and the result is that I’m.
I found really difficult to identify myself to Alex. I have some difficulties to admit that she is so happy to return from where her mother tried to save her. Yes for her its means familiarity but also so many risks. She is too wild for me and I only started to appreciate her more nearly the end of the book when she tries to save her friend before that she was just too immature and keeping all her emotions to herself.

I also understand more now why the readers are for Aiden or Seth and so fierce about it. We are learning more about Aiden’s past and personality here than Seth who stays mysterious and I can say I really approve of one. Aiden is great yes, cute and seems to care for her but he doesn’t fight for her and I find that sad. Seth is arrogant, proud but he also gives her a choice and takes risks for her…so both have reasons and faults. The plot is very complex and I guess I won’t be happy before the last book when everything I hope will become clear. At the moment I find Alex to be only a tool she is not doing a lot against that, however she is also demonstrating a strong will and I hope the bit of freedom she had will help her to fight for what she wants not for what she is told to.

The writing style is still really good and enjoyable so a lot of readers of young adult book who love action, love triangle, paranormal and fantasy will be more than happy with this series.



Score:  3,5/5

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and no compensation was received in exchange for this review

Challenges:
This book enter in the Romance and Me Challenge
Book read for the 2012 TBR reading

1 commentaire:

  1. Hmm, I have these three, I think three, books on my Nook. Seems like you liked it in the end, once it was explained out better. Thanks for the honest review! And hope you enjoy the next book better.

    RépondreSupprimer