dimanche 25 novembre 2012

The Perfect Play ( Play by Play 1) by Jaci Burton

Hi!!

Before i go back to rest a bit to be ready for my long day tomorrow, i wanted to share with you another step  in my discovery of the erotic romance sub genre. I heard a lot of good thing about Jaci Burton's series but until know i hadn't started it , a bit afraid i guess and now ^^ i can tell you i want book 2 as soon as possible but first  enjoy my opinion of book one " The Perfect Play"

happy reading!

Publisher: Berkley Heat
Publication: 2011
ISBN:  0425238814
Genre: erotic romance, sport
Violence: none

Language: mild
sex: highly strong
Public: 18+
Source: won


Short description from goodreads :

 Football pro Mick Riley is an all-star, both on the field and in the bedroom. But a sexy, determinedly single mom just might be the one to throw him off his game...

For years Mick has been taking full advantage of the life available to a pro athlete: fame, fortune, and a different girl in every city. But when he meets and beds confident, beautiful event planner Tara Lincoln, he wants much more than the typical one-night stand. Too bad Tara's not interested in getting to know football's most notorious playboy any better.

As the single mother of a teenage son, the last thing Tara needs is the jet-set lifestyle of Mick Riley; even though their steamy and passionate one-night stand was unforgettable. Tara's life is complicated enough without being thrust into the spotlight as Mick's latest girl du jour. Tara played the game of love once and lost big, and she doesn't intend to put herself out there again, especially with a heartbreaker like Mick.

But when Mick sets his mind to win, nothing will stop him. And he has the perfect play in mind.




My opinion:
          Far from my comfort zone but what a ride! I’m not that fond of sport but I’m going to be if all the series is like this^^.  I didn’t know what to expect in fact but certainly not that, it’s true I knew it was erotic but not at that level so it’s quite a surprise for me to have enjoyed it this much. Jaci Burton really writes well and the story is centred about the romance but not only so I spend I excellent time reading this book.

Mick was a playboy, at thirty years old he is wiser and intelligent enough to know the majority of his career is behind him however he is still playing and planning to keep doing it until he can’t anymore. All that is surrounding his sport starts to bother him a little; he doesn’t enjoy the apparitions as much as before but as a professional he accepts the fact that he must do a minimum more than playing. He never thought he would suddenly feel attracted by a woman, a normal one, mom of a teenager. It strange in the majority of the erotic romance I’ve read so far the schema is quite similar: a man, playboy, womanizer suddenly around 30 fall for a woman total opposite of the ones he dated before, a normal woman, with curse and natural beauty. .. I think I would like for once a good man who waited not one with a radical sudden change of heart. Anyway, in this case it’s really well written and not that sudden since he started to think about it before he met Tara.

Tara had a difficult life as a child and ended up pregnant at 15, not something I recommend. However, she didn’t give up at all and she is hardworking and independent. She has her own work, she is a event planner, and she take care of her son alone putting him above everything else. She has no life, all her time is working or tending to Nathan, her son. When she meets Mick she can’t understand why he wants to speak to her, wait for her…at the moment she decide to follow her heart and enjoy what it’s offered to her but she is not thinking of the long term at all. But more than great sex there is a connection between them and she is afraid of that. When Mick comes pursuing her and staying even with Nathan around, inviting them to family event…she sees something she longs for but still has reserves , thinking to protect a son who would like his mother happy and not scarifying herself for him. It’s time to learn and trust because you have to work to obtain your happiness and to keep it.

I really enjoyed the story, to the detail about protection. It can seem to be not important but for me it’s even more in a contemporary story, I appreciate that the author speak about it, makes her characters use it again and again. The message is important and perhaps it will save someone somewhere. Its proof the author thinks about her readers a minimum (at least in my opinion). I really want to read the others books of the series now even if I’m quite sure I will be blushing madly too often.

To recommend to fans of erotic romance above 18


Score:  4/5

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and no compensation was received in exchange for this review

Challenges:
This book enter in the Romance and Me Challenge
Book read for the 2012 TBR reading

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire