vendredi 2 août 2013

Mafia Secret by Angie Derek

Hello again,

                Quite a few posts today but that's what happen at the beginning of the month and since i don't know when the storms will start and internet on hold i prefered not to wait and give you this review especially since i know someone wa swaiting to hear my opinion on this story.

  First when I heard about this book it made me think about the manga “ Reborn” when a young boy learn he is the next head of a mafia family and must learn what to fight to take his place while he is a kind and innocent boy. I was tempted and curious so when I was offered the opportunity to win it I didn’t hesitate.


When Brenda ( yes her again ^^) recommended this book to me she told me i was going to like it but she was wrong… i completely LOVE it. Perhaps I needed something different from paranormal reads at the moment, perhaps it was just the book I needed but Mafia Secret caught my attention and I could stop before the last page so really thanks Brenda for this discovery I really spend a fabulous time reading!

Publisher: Tell-Tale Publishing LLC
Publication: 2012
ISBN:  9781301100149
Genre: romantic suspense
Violence: strong

Language: normal
sex: strong
Public: 18+
Source: won ( thanks Brenda!!!!!!)


Short description from goodreads :

 Lessa Noelle grew up never knowing she was the illegitimate daughter of a mafia king pin. After his murder, she finds herself a surprise heiress immersed in the dangerous world of organized crime with only the guidance of Marco Santo her father’s second in command to help her.


Marco searches for her father’s killer and tries to keep the realities of his life from touching her. An uneasy attraction blossoms between the two. An already dangerous situation turns volatile when a killer turns his attention to Lessa.

My opinion:
          I love it! I expected to like it but I enjoyed it a lot more than that, if I didn’t have to take my medicine I would have read it in one sitting. Angie Derek really wrote an excellent story and if I had suspicions about the culprit it’s probably due only to my experiences in watching cops series on the TV… she managed to keep the suspense all along.

Lessa is young and independent woman, she grows up never knowing she was the daughter of a mafia’s boss…so when a man she never saw suddenly appears to tell her that her father died two days ago it comes as a shock and she doesn’t believe it at first. Confronted to some evidences she finally accepts to grant her father his last request and come to attend his funerals and meet her family.  It doesn’t really go smoothly, her family never knew she existed, her father’s killer is still on the run and change of power in a mafia family isn’t a quiet moment at all.  Thrown in it, she can only rely on Marc, her bodyguard, late lieutenant of her father to keep her safe and to tell her whet she must know or to be exact what he think she should know.

Preferring to keep her in the dark as long as possible to offer her the possibility to go back to the life she always knew, what Marc didn’t take into account was his attraction to the new Mafia’s princess. Quite innocent, speaking her mind she attracts him like a moth to a flame and he can’t stop touching her which isn’t helpful when he must find the killer. But danger was already on Lessa before she met Marc and it just keep growing

Marc isn’t a member of the family per say, he was a trusted man of Lessa father, on of his lieutenant. He came from the outside and slowly, during years he made his place. So he knows perfectly when what entering the family entails and he doesn’t want to impose that to Lessa. He is loyal, honest and yes a criminal too^^ he do what he is ordered to do but he doesn’t take pleasure in it which makes him even better. I really liked him and how he was trying to find what he needed to do to keep Lessa by his side and protect her… he took risks but he didn’t impose himself… a good alpha^^

Lessa’s family is quite a group… Jio is the elder and the new head. He respect his father‘s wishes but perhaps too much … since he married not by love he could be unfaithful even if we still haven’t real proof, his behaviour tend to it. Still he looks like a good man, Tony is the rebel one, he wants powers and trust no one but the family doesn’t trust him either. Then come Clarissa, same age as Lessa, she was the only girl until then and she wants nothing to do with the family, promised to Marc she doesn’t hesitate to break off  the engagement as soon as her father is dead and she doesn’t want her inherence. Leery of men she however knows that no matter what ,she is part of the family. Edoardo is the younger one; more an artist and kind soul he would love to leave the family too without really dreaming to see an opportunity. Nina is Jio’s wife, kind she is the first to welcome Lessa, I really love her.

This story is a stand alone and I think I would love it to stay that way, yes I ‘m tempted to lean about the other’s family member but perhaps then the novelty will wears off, ..; I don’t know but right now if you love suspense romance, have a little thing for mafia, I really recommend this book!

Score:  4,5/5


Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and no compensation was received in exchange for this review


13 commentaires:

  1. It sounds like a good book. I'm going to have to check it out.

    http://heidiswanderings.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-long-road.html

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. you won't be disappointed, i really enjoyed it ( and i can be difficult with suspense romance^^)

      Supprimer
  2. Well you already had me interested before, now im sold! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. ^^ i couldn't resist to tempt you dear

      Supprimer
    2. :) Im going to buy it when I finish Storm Force on my kindle, so then I dont forget I bought it. Im going to grab her others probably too! :)

      Supprimer
  3. Wow! Thank you so much for the great review. :-) Which I just happened to find by doing a random google search looking for something else.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Sorry i tend to forget to contact the author to let them know if it wasn't a request to start with ^^;; i will try to be more attentive to that and i still need to post t on amazon to help you with the ranking there ( since i've learned recently how important it can be)

      thank you a lot for coming to see me here!

      Supprimer
    2. Oh, no worries on letting me know about your review. :-) It was fun to find it since it was so unexpected.

      Supprimer
    3. That always a nice surprise! :) Shes been telling me about this book for awhile. Im excited to read it too!

      Supprimer
  4. This is a new one for me but it does sound pretty good. Happy you enjoyed it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Romantic suspense is one of my favorite genres and I like the sounds of this one..lovely review!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks!
      She does write in other genres and i will review those as well but for a lover of romantic suspense this one is really excellent!

      Supprimer