dimanche 26 août 2012

Onyx( Lux2) By Jennifer L Armentrout

Hello to all,

                       this evening i will be short because my dog is in dire need of me, nothing too serious i hope but the vet. will tell me tomorrow so at the moment he is what i think about  so sorry if there are some mistakes.
Here comes my opinion on the second book of the Lux series, my favorite YA one, by Jennifer L Armentrout.

Happy reading.


Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Publication: 2012
ISBN:  1620610116
Genre: YA, paranormal, romance
Violence: strong

Language: normal
sex: mild
Public: 16+
Source: won


Short description from goodread :


Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

 
My opinion:

          To say that the tension goes up is a euphemism. Onyx starts just when Obsidian ended on Daemon’s promise. I really loved that. In this book we have the proof that every act has a consequence just not always an expected one. Katy is starting show some special abilities to move things around just but wishing them or in deeply emotional burst. Not really a good idea when you have to keep a low profile. Then, suddenly, a new boy appears and is really friendly with her. Doubting daemon’s feelings and wishing a bit of normalcy  Katy goes for it and when it seems Blake could have the answers she wants and offers to train her she jumps at the opportunity nor understanding how it hurts Daemon.

 
Jennifer l Armentrout keeps the level high with Onyx and while we go deeper in the romance part and the relationship between Daemon and Katy she also offers us a new view on the whole DOD things. This book is a lot darker than the first one and more violent too. We see that Daemon is willing to do everything, and I mean everything, to protect his family and Katy. Speaking of Katy, I really wanted to punch her sometimes even if I understand her wish for something true, this time I pitied Daemon who must suffer all her doubts and uncertainties. She was brat sometimes. The plot thickens and now we aren’t sure to know exactly who the bad guys are and who we can trust. It was also a story more emotional and I was nearly crying at some parts.


I really love her writing style and this series is my favourite from her but not this book. I preferred Obsidian less dark and still moving. I’m a bit afraid of opal now because if it’s becoming sadder and darker each time I will finish crying in my bed. In the end of Obsidian we had a promise but in the same time a certain closure. With Onyx we just finish with more angst and questions than before so I hope the question are in Opal.

 
To recommend without a doubt but keep tissues at hand.



Score:  4/5

 

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and no compensation was received in exchange for this review

 

Challenges:

This book enter in the Romance and Me Challenge

3 commentaires:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it -- I really loved this one. It was so much better than Obsidian in my opinion.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Oh no tissues... Oh this is a series I've not started, but I love what I'm hearing about it. Glad you enjoyed it, and hope your dog is okay. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you, my dog is a lot better yes, he hasn't finished his medication yet but he isn't biting himself to blood again and eating properly so it's fine^^

      It's my favorite serie by jennifer so if you can yes try it ^^

      Supprimer