mardi 27 décembre 2011

Top 10 2011: covers


Hi!,

  On this second day of the Top 10 of 2011  the special topic is: the cover because a book with a great cover can catch your eyes and made you want to read the book. Thus i will show you my favorite cover published in 2011.

First: Le royaume des loups By Kathryn Lasky in Pocket jeunesse éditons ( French)-2011 oh my i love wolves so this so cute puppy i couldn't resist. And the background make me think winter so Christmas time^^;; ( i have to get that book , it should be on the way). I love the covers for this author in general , i mean the one for gahoole's guardian were somptuous also ( not the last one)

Second place: Half- Blood by Jennifer L Armentrout. A purple flower semmed made by smoke.....great, poetic...i'm still trying to win this book to have my hand on it

Third place: Flying Bling by Deborah CookeThere is something magical in this one, the Uk cover isn't so great but this one with the light blue with effet oh my i have to get it one day ( even if i have the uk version too)




Four place: Tiger's curse by Colleen Houck, paperback edition by Hodder & Stoughton Ltd. A white tiger, my heart is warming when i look at the eyes. ( yes i love animals^^;;)


Five:Les chants de la Terre by Elspeth Cooper- editor Bragelonne ( FR)-Novembre 2011. I can't explain this choose for me it's a feeling that this cover is simple and in the same time so appropriate for that title and book.

Six.Paranormalcy by Kiersten White, paperback edition by Harper Teen ( july 2011) i love the feeling of this cover and the pink and purple...whoah ( the hardback from 2010 is a bit darker than this one)


Seven: Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews ( editor ACE). The book wasn't up to my expectation but the cover is very appropriate with the lion in the background
Eight: Waterfall by Lisa T Bergen David C Cook Publishing Company -2011.
Something mystical, the light.; i don't know but in the top 10 that's for sure.


Nine: Winging it by Deborah Cooke at New American Library- 2011. The orange and pink,give a warm feeling to this cover.


Ten: Kindling the Moon by Jenn Bennet at POCKET BOOKS. I can't explain, i just love it.

I'm sure your choices are different but hey, every one has different taste ^^.

all the best

11 commentaires:

  1. I saw Kindling the Moon, too and liked it. Maybe it's the colors. It practically screams URBAN FANTASY! : )


    All my best,
    Patricia

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Winging It is on my list too. And I liked Kindling the Moon's cover. It drew my I and made me find out more about the book. I really liked the book and I'm looking forward to the next one.

    Christina's List

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. ^^ i like these covers but even if there are my favorite...i still have to win or buy a lot of them. As for reading i only read magic slay. I've got tiger curse and paranorlmacy and les chants de la terre in my tbr list, the rest on my wish list ^^;;

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I love the cover of Half blood!! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Awesome picks.

    Hope you can follow my blog :)

    http://www.spirit-of-books.blogspot.com/

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Ooh I love winging it and Kindling the Moon! The colors are awesome!

    Keturah
    My Top 10 Covers

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Ohh you definitely owned this! It is no doubt you have a good taste for awesome covers ;) great picks!

    Here' s my Top 10 Book Cover of 2011

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. I see Half- Blood and Paranormalcy on many people's list. Great picks! I picked Paranormalcy too.

    Jez
    Jez's Bookcase

    RépondreSupprimer