vendredi 22 février 2013

Midnight’s Master (Dark Warriors1) by Donna Grant

Hi!
 i won't be long because i'm really unwell but i had this ready and i wanted to give you something before i go back curling under the covers...

enjoy!

Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks
Publication: 2012
ISBN:  0312552483
Genre: paranormal romance, fantasy, time travel
Violence: mild

Language: normal
sex: strong
Public: 18+
Source: bought


Short description from goodreads :

Gwynn Austin has no idea why her father has disappeared on a mysterious trip to Scotland. When she goes on a desperate mission to search for him she finds more than she bargains for in a ruggedly handsome, wickedly exciting Highlander who exudes danger and mystery. And when she discovers her own link to Scotland, she’ll have to trust her heart to help lead her...

Propelled through time by powerful Druid Magic, Logan Hamilton uses his immortality and powers of the god inside him to help prevent the awakening of an ancient evil in the modern world. He never expects to find help in the form of a beautiful, alluring, and all too tempting woman whose passion and strength matches his own. Together, Logan and Gywnn must fight for their love—before a demon from the past destroys them both…


My opinion:
          Highlanders have become something I really enjoy and want more of it so when I discovered this series mixing them with paranormal I was curious and I had to try it. Let say that Donna Grant didn’t disappointed me. I loved how warriors and druids were linked together and the idea of old deities is always fascinating for me, I’m curious about their history and such.

I loved reading this book and I enjoyed the story a lot but I must admit that I didn’t relate to the characters as much as in some others series. I liked them, I want to learn more about them but I wasn’t exactly at their side during my reading. There was a kind of distance, perhaps because of the history between Gwynn and her father, I don’t know why. Still like I said I really enjoyed the story, the plot and the setting so I’m fully planning to read more about those dark Warriors. It was a novelty in my quest to discover new kind of paranormal creatures.

Gwynn is an American and while she always dreamed to visit Scotland it was never in the circumstances and dangers she is confronted to. While looking for her father, with whom she never had a really deep relation to start with, she meet Logan who tells her that she is a druid.  Gwynn remember her grandmother stories and the special abilities she has as a child but because she was considered strange and since her mother didn’t like that she ignored her magic and nearly forgot it until this day.   Now she has a destiny to accomplish and a warrior at her side but also strong enemies who know more than her.

Logan awakens in 2012 after having been sent forward in time from the seventeenth century in hope to fight a strong evil and to save one of his fellow warriors, Ian. However, he is rapidly drawn to a small city where he meets a woman who he instantly identifies as a druid despite her doubts.  As he vowed to protect the druids, he set his mind on protecting Gwynn while she searches for her father. After he told her the truth of his origin, he will have to adjust to our time with her help in the same way he helps her discovering her heritage, her magic. However, the enemy he came to fight is still strong and worse she isn’t alone anymore. And Gwynn magic could not be enough, so he will have to uses the power gives by the god in him despites his guilt and remorse.

I loved how they both had to learn from each other, it wasn’t  one who had a knowledge no each of them has the knowledge the other need so it created a links between them. The others warriors are really interesting to and I was concerned for Ian a lot. I learned of the druids and warrior at the same time as Gwynn but I would like more of the Macleods brothers and of the warriors without forgetting their wife, the druids.

It’s a book really enjoyable and I took pleasure in it even if it could have been even better. If you are looking for a new paranormal series different from vampire and traditional shifters, if you love highlanders it’s a good book to try.



Score:  4/5

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and no compensation was received in exchange for this review

Challenges:


 

4 commentaires:

  1. oh tien je ne connaissais pas celui ci mais j'adooooore la couverture, bon ok ton, avis aide pas mal non plus, il faudra voir si je tombe dessus du coup!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Si tu as encore des doutes je devrais lire et commenter les tomes 2 et 3 bientôt ( relativement bientôt) histoire de te donner encore plus envie ( car j'espère bien ne pas être déçue par la suite)

      Supprimer
  2. Ooo that sounds really pretty good Miki. I haven't read Donna Grant yet but I'd like to I think. I've really been liking time travels and love a good Highlander :)

    Hope you got a lot of good rest today!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. you could enjoy it yes it's not that steamy yet but perhaps others book in the series will be, i have book 2 and 3 and i 'm planning to read them for some challenge so you will see how the series will go ( even better i hope)

      so far i will say i stayed awake 3h perhaps...i rested all teh afternoon deeply asleep to manage to be here now and i'm feeling my reserve disappear so back to bed^^;;

      Supprimer