mardi 17 juillet 2012

Night Reigns ( Immortal Guardians 2) by Dianne Duvall

Hello to all,

                     So since i'm really late in my reading due to medical problem, today won't be a steampunk romance like i wanted( i will try to review more of those before the end of the month) but a paranormal romance. So Today is my opinion on he second book of the Immortal Guardians by Dianne Duvall.

Happy reading

Publisher: Zebra paranormal romance
Publication: 2011
ISBN:  1420118625
Genre: paranormal romance
Violence: strong

Language: normal
sex: strong
Public: 18+
Source: won


Short description from goodread :


 Ami isn't much for trusting strangers. She has a hard time trusting anyone. But she's no coward, and she's no pushover in the protection department either. So when she comes across a mysterious warrior taking on eight deranged vampires on his own, she doesn't hesitate to save his bacon. Of course, that was before she realized what one little rescue would get her into . . .

Marcus Grayden has been an immortal protector of humanity for eight hundred years, and at the moment he's not interested in backup. From the moment Ami arrives in his life, he can't deny that she's strong, smart, and extremely skilled at watching his back. But she's also destroying his protective solitude and stirring desires he can't bear to awaken. After all, whatever her secrets — how can she defeat death itself?


My opinion:

         It’s difficult for me to write this review because I loved the first book of the series so much and now the second book let me quite disappointed. It’s still well written and the book isn’t bad but I’m afraid too see how the story will go.


In this book, Dianne Duvall developed the romance around Marcus and Ami and I must admit that she kept their personalities like they were described in the first book that’s perfect. We also learn more about Ami’s past and what happened for her to be captive in the first book. So far so good, but after it starts going wrong for me. Seth is still there of course as the prince of the immortals and we get some information about his origin- there it stopped to make sense for me. Yes we could have guessed something like that from the explanation in the first book “ “Darkness Dawn”, it’s not really my problem.  What I really disapproved was how he changed his opinion. First he is there to protect the immortals and he gives them order to be careful, not get caught etc…. perfectly normal and understandable and next only Ami counts. Even if they should die or be tortured it’s good as long as Ami is safe. I hate that, perhaps I’m partial because I love Sarah but I think she has sacrificed enough and perhaps in a way as much as Ami so the favouritism Seth is demonstrating doesn’t bode well with me.


Yes there is a bigger scheme than the immortals against the vampires and yes there are a secret organisation that is acting against both, that’s quite a classic plot; nothing wrong with that. Yes Ami is also special and needs to be protected now I’m not happy with the ways and the reasons. Seth isn’t honest with the immortals and after protecting them he will use them as simple pions for his bigger battle, and they accept that? Roland isn’t against the idea that Sarah could be sacrificed just on a whim of Seth…no protest…. Too strange for me.

I guess I will see how the story will go for a bit but it has dropped from my list of “ priority: to be bought” at least for a moment.



Score:  3/5


Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and no compensation was received in exchange for this review
 

Ce livre s'intègre dans le challenge de Natasia
Challenges:
This book enter in the Romance and Me Challenge

Book read for the 2012 TBR reading


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire